"Ohana means family. Family means no body gets left behind, or forgotten."
"This is my family... It is little, and broken, but still good."

Monday, September 7, 2015

WallE and Eva

I seriously love my dogs- no joke. WallE and Eva are freaking amazing. They each have areas where they're better then the other, but I love them both so much! WallE is chill, and super obedient. I take him with me when I go for jogs. He heals the entire time, doesn't get too distracted, and is great company. He isn't super cuddly, but he is very protective and always makes sure he can keep an eye on both Juan and I. 

Eva is a different story- she's stupid. Like, no joke. Silly stupid, but still stupid. She will go to the water bucket and put her whole head in it- and then proceded to blow bubbles. She thinks she's a lap dog, but she's way too big! She's 80+ pounds of cuddling adorableness. The main reason why I love her so much is that she's super in tune with my emotions. Yeah, WallE can tell when I'm sad and crying, but Eva notices way before I get to the crying point. Just the other night I was sitting on the couch next to Mr. Barcenas. He was playing a video game, and I was reading blog posts and feeling sorry for myself. Eva gets up off the floor and climbs into my lap. I hadn't even said a single word. I didn't even tell the husband that I was upset. 

She seriously gets me, and I love that. 

I honestly have no idea where I would be right now without my dogs. They make me feel happy. Since Lilly's death, happiness has been hard to come by, and the dogs are my form of comic relief. They help distract me from my emotions when I need to take a break from them. They give me something to love and to care for. They give me a reason to get up in the morning on weekends. If they didn't need to go out, I would stay in bed all day. They give me a reason to be happy when I get home from work on the evenings- they're always so excited to see me. I just love them so much! That's why I always post about them (on social media). Once I have a living child, I'll start posting less of the dogs and more of the baby, but for now it's just the dogs, and they make me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment