"Ohana means family. Family means no body gets left behind, or forgotten."
"This is my family... It is little, and broken, but still good."

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Dear Baby Bear- week 14

Dear Baby Bear,

Yayayayayayay! We have finally hit the second trimester! You know, the only comfortable three months of pregnancy? Well, that's what I've been told at least. Its still three months of being pregnant. And pregnancy is pregnancy- hardly ever comfortable. Not much more to say about that.
You scared me the other day! You really did! I had two separate dreams that we had lost you. The first, I started bleeding tons and tons, so your father drove me to the hospital. They pulled in an ultrasound machine, and then WallE woke me up to take him outside. So I didn't get to finish that dream, but I could tell where it was headed. When I fell back asleep after getting back in, I dreamt that I had delivered you, and you weren't breathing. So, the genius in me, starts doing CPR on your itty bitty tiny body. Seriously, you were so small- like four inches long at most. I never resuscitated you, and you just laid limp in my hands. So obviously, I was a bit of a mess when I woke up. I wanted to check for your heart beat, but I was afraid because I didn't want to know that you were gone. Finally, after having this eternal debate in my mind, I finally grabbed the Doppler and checked your favorite hang out spot- nothing but static. The reasonable part of my brain told the freaked out part of my brain that maybe you had just moved. So I kept looking. Nothing but my own heartbeat and static. I couldn't find you! By this point your father had woken up and tried finding you, too. And he couldn't. This is when the rational part of my brain took over. I didn't want to just run to the hospital to see if you were still with us- I needed to check again after I had gone to the bathroom and eaten. I needed to give myself a break and try again later. If you were gone, the doctors couldn't do anything for us, and I didn't want to play the "overly freaked out mother." I ate breakfast, I went out for a few hours with a friend, and then I came back home. I was hesitant to try again, but your father was worried, too, and quite persistent that we check again. So I get the Doppler out, and your father took the wand from me- he wanted to try first. And of course, within the first ten seconds, he finds you. In your favorite spot. Your heartbeat just beating along at a happy pace of 180. Don't ever worry me like that again! It's not very nice to make your mother worry. I'm going to have grey hairs before you're ever born.



Listen to that pretty little heartbeat- isn't it the greatest sound ever???

You're still making me nauseous- just yesterday I was sick from morning till night. I hadn't eaten much, just a sandwich. I was waiting up with your father while he finished some paperwork, when out of no where- BOOM! I'm so hungry I could eat a cow. Well, not really a cow because I can't eat a ton anymore (my stomach has shrunk). But I was sooooo hungry! So we went to IHOP- it was pretty much the only place still open. I got to eat some pancakes, and they were delicious! It's 9:30am now, and I'm still not hungry- that's how much I ate. But hey, when you're sick and pregnant, and you finally feel like eating, you eat. 

Me and my big-ole bump at 14 weeks
My baby bump is beginning to become more pronounced. I can definitely feel it when I'm sitting and I try to bend forward. Looks like I won't be able to do that for much longer! My uterus is starting to creep up past my belly button. I like to just lay in bed and feel around it- it's cool! Pregnancy is an amazing experience. Thank you so much for coming into our lives and giving me this opportunity again Baby Bear.



No comments:

Post a Comment