"Ohana means family. Family means no body gets left behind, or forgotten."
"This is my family... It is little, and broken, but still good."

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Dear Baby Bear- week 17

Dear Baby Bear,

We're now at week 17. It seems just like yesterday we were at 10 weeks, and I was freaking out at every twinge of pain. Now, I don't really feel anything. Other than round ligament pain and occasionally you. I love it when I can feel you moving! I'm super excited for when you become stronger and I can feel you more consistently. I'm excited for the rib and bladder kicks. I'm ready to learn you patterns and to get a sense of who you are based on your movements. How annoyed will you get when I poke and prod you? Will you dance like crazy when I drink orange juice? How often will you get the hiccups? Your sister had hiccups A LOT. And apparently, it's a sign of cord compression- so don't get the hiccups too often!
Currently, you've been making me really hungry. Especially at 3:00 in the morning. Sometimes, it's a dog who wakes me up so early. Sometimes, it's my bladder. And sometimes, I just wake up for no reason. Tonight, it was Eva who woke me. She doesn't wine to go outside unless it's an emergency, and tonight she nosed my face and wined. So we went out and now I can't fall back to sleep. And I'm also now very hungry. And nothing sounds good. *sigh* The hard life of a pregnant woman.
I still haven't gotten a call from the MFM office in Little Rock. The nurse at my doctors office said they would call me and tell me when I was supposed to have my ultrasound (they get to tell me when it is, I don't get to schedule it). I'm excited for when I have that date to look forward to- I'm excited to see you again. I'm excited to compare your profile to your sisters- to maybe get the chance to see what you look like. All of the testing we have done so far indicates that you're to be a normal little boy. Let's hope and pray that it stays that way! I want to bring you home.
Yesterday, I decided to listen to your heartbeat with the Doppler- and you would not sit still!!! I could hear you moving around- you even kicked at the wand a few times. So I knew you were in there! I just couldn't get a reading on you. But, I'm determined, so I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to get you. I finally found you, and you were completely turned around and waaaaaay lower than you normally are. You were way over by my left pubic bone- normally, you're just to the right of my belly button. I can imagine that you're going to be a very hyper little boy- and I'm going to love that! We can spend all of our days outside, at the park, with the dogs... It's going to be great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment