"Ohana means family. Family means no body gets left behind, or forgotten."
"This is my family... It is little, and broken, but still good."

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Feel free to talk to me

I have received a few texts and messages from friends and family who always start out our new conversation with "blah blah blah made me think of you, and I hope you aren't offended  and I didn't know how to bring it up but I felt like I really needed to share it and I love you and blah blah blah." 
Guys, seriously. If you want to talk to me, then do it! Don't be afraid. If an article you read makes you think of me or my daughter, send it my way! I would love to know you're thinking of us. It makes me feel loved, and it makes me feel like she isn't forgotten. I have a few friends who send me pictures of Lilly-bugs they find all the time, and I LOVE IT. Okay? I ABSA-FREAKING-LOVE-IT! I add it to my collection of Lilly-bug pictures. I have an entire album in my icloud, and I make sure to write down who saw/sent it to me. 
Just because you think mentioning my dead baby will upset me doesn't mean that it will. I love it when people talk about her with me. I love it when friends send me music videos and articles that they think I might find comforting. Because most times, I actually do find them comforting. And if I've already seen what you're sending me, it seriously is the thought that counts. 
So feel free to talk to me! Feel free to tell me that you're thinking of me, don't be afraid that I'll bite your head off. Because I won't. I have no reason to. 
I'm seriously a super honest and open person. Since Lilly died, it's like I no longer have a filter. It's crazy, but it's also probably for the best. People are learning from me and my experiences, and I find that amazing and empowering. 

And if by some crazy chance, some new loss mom has found this blog (well, it is public and it gets a surprising amount of hits), please email me. I have a huge list of resources you may find to be helpful. Or if you just need someone to type your story out to, for someone else to know that your baby lived and that they were here, someone who might actually get what its like to lose a baby, please contact me. I would love to help you in any way that I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment